b-restored: practicing & Teaching Restorative yoga
Friday 26th October - Sunday 28th October 2018
8.00am - 5.30pm Daily with a 1 hour lunch break.
Golden Yogi, Level 1 / 46 Hurstmere Road, Takapuna, Auckland
Introducing the Science, Art & Magic of practicing and teaching Restorative Yoga, with certified yoga therapist, Leslie Kazadi
Restorative Yoga is a powerful, quiet practice that both relaxes and rejuvenates the body while stilling and soothing the mind. In this 3-day introductory workshop, you will experience how allowing time and support in this practice cultivates the Relaxation Response, shifting you out of the stress of everyday life and into a state of deep rest and tranquility.
Leslie has found restorative yoga to be an invaluable tool in her own life as well as in her students. She will share this magic trick of knowing how to shift students from doing yoga to being restored by it.
All students, teachers and caregivers are welcome to join us in this special 3-day weekend of giving, receiving and cultivating tools to support yourself and your students. Through practice and play, you will connect with your inner wisdom and B Restored.
In this 3-day introduction, you will:
- Understand the science behind Restorative Yoga and its therapeutic benefits in invoking the Relaxation Response
- Experience both active and restorative asana classes as dynamic and static forms of meditation
- Learn how to teach restorative classes or integrate this practice into active asana classes
- Practice the art of playing with props and engaging gravity to make poses accessible to any body
- Discern when to use props to create stability for tender joints and ease in tight tissues
- Cultivate your intuitive sense of timing, languaging and adjusting that support whole-hearted relaxation
- Perceive how engaging the senses elicits the subtle awareness that leads to transformation and joy
This training is open to all students and teachers. Teachers may received CE credits with Yoga Alliance for the course.
The cost for this 25 Hour Intensive is Earlybird Price $550* (NZ Dollars) if paid in full by 30th September 2018 or Full Price $650.
* Please note this does not include food, accommodation or travel.
BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES
To register and secure your place in this teacher training course please click here to book online, or contact email@example.com for course enquiries.
Certified as a yoga therapist by the International Association of Yoga Therapists, Leslie has worked with adults of all ages with many complex medical conditions. Her knowledge and experience have opened the doors to western medicine; she has designed and implemented protocols for yoga research studies, in physical therapy clinics, and contributed to articles in peer-reviewed medical journal.
As the former director of an IAYT school, she and Sherry Brourman co-created a year-long internship program for new yoga therapists. Certified as a SmartFLOW teacher, she has collaborated with Annie Carpenter on workshops for SmartFLOW advanced trainings in older adults, therapeutics and restorative yoga. She and Annie co-created a restorative yoga book, “Sukha: A Guide to Restorative Yoga.” Leslie’s yoga school, Alchemy Yoga Therapy, has 200-hr and 300-hr Teacher Training Programs registered with Yoga Alliance. Leslie is certified as C-IAYT, E-RYT500, YACEP with Yoga Alliance.
Known for her creative and perceptive style, Leslie’s teaches in an inclusive and approachable way. Believing in laughter as medicine, Leslie balances the depth of her knowledge with the lightness of her humor. This empowers her students to trust their intrinsic wisdom, shine their inner light, and dwell in their possibilities.
If you need to cancel your booking for the teacher training course we require notification in writing at least 30 days prior to the start date of the course.
- All cancellations that are 3 months or more before the training will receive a full refund minus a $50NZD registration fee.
- All cancellations that are between 1 - 3 months before the training will receive a 50% refund.
- All cancellations that are less than 30 days prior to the start date of the course will not receive any refund of the course fees.