KUNDALINI YOGA is a sacred science. The comprehensive technology is thousands of years old and ideally suited to people who lead active lives in today's world. The focus is on balancing the glandular system, strengthening the 72,000 nerves of the body, and bringing the body, mind and soul into balance.
Traditionally, Kundalini Yoga was carefully handed down from master to disciple for centuries and was kept very secret. It was never taught openly until 1969 when Yogi Bhajan brought it to the west. Through his knowledge, wisdom and service he left us a timeless legacy of teachings to live healthy and happily.
Kundalini yoga combines powerful breathing techniques, postures, mudras (hand positions), mantras (chanting) and meditations to help you unlock your true potential and experience your highest consciousness. Kundalini is the creative energy and consciousness that exists within each of us and enables us to merge with or “yoke” with the universal Self. It gives you the experience of your highest consciousness. The technology leads you to your sacred purpose of life. Kundalini Yoga is the Yoga of Awareness.
Benefits of Kundalini Yoga
- Balance nervous, glandular, and immune systems
- Develop the neutral mind to cope with stress and change
- Self-awareness to enhance peace of mind, concentration, and self-confidence
- Rejuvenation and healing
- Improve flexibility, stamina, and strength
- Experience your highest consciousness
- Remain calm, centered, and clear through life’s challenges
What to Expect in a Kundalini Yoga Class
Tuning In : Tune in by chanting ‘Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo,’ calling on our higher self and connecting us to the teacher within.
Breath : Breath is life energy itself. When we learn how to breathe consciously we calm the mind.
Kriya : A kriya is a set of specific postures and chants to bring about a specific outcome such as increased love, prosperity, flexibility, etc.
Meditation : Meditation brings awareness and control of our thoughts. Using mantra (sacred sound currents repeated aloud or silently) and mudra (sacred hand gestures) we can clear negative patterns and connect with our higher consciousness.
Five Sutras of the Aquarian Age
1. Recognize that the other person is you.
2. There is a way through every block.
3. When the time is on you, start, and the pressure will be off.
4. Understand through compassion or you will misunderstand the times.
5. Vibrate the Cosmos. The Cosmos shall clear the path.