BENEFITS OF YOGA
Yoga is a profound integrative practice to heal your body, mind, and spirit. Here are just a few of the healing benefits:
* Enhancing mind-body integration by establishing a healthy link between your thoughts and your cells. Your beliefs, thoughts, and emotions influence every cell in the body and therefore play a major role in your wellbeing. Through conscious breathing, movement, and attention to the physical postures, you cultivate a state of inner awareness.
* Improve flexibility, range of motion, and balance. Yoga stretches your muscles, ligaments, tendons, and the fascia sheath.
* Increase strength and muscle tone to help maintain your optimum weight. By increasing muscle tone, the body burns more calories even when you’re resting.
* Increases metabolism and energy
* Improve mood, calm the mind, reduce stress and anxiety. Giving you a greater capacity to be calm in the midst of chaos and communicate consciously.
* Reduces the production of stress hormones such as cortisol. High cortisol is linked with depression, osteoporosis, and weight gain.
* Lowers heart rate and blood pressure
* Enhances immune function by improving the flow of the lymphatic system, circulation, and detoxification of body toxins.
* Improves function of internal organs
* Prevent and alleviate specific kinds of pain that limit mobility, including osteoarthritis, arthritis, lower back pain, and fibromyalgia.
Ready to get started? Check out our Timetable!